What is Oventus Airway Technology?
Traditionally sleep apnoea patients identified with nasal obstruction have not been considered to be a good candidate for Oral appliances and are prescribed CPAP. This is because a natural reaction to not being able to breathe through your nose is to mouth breathe. If an oral device were prescribed, you would find it impossible to tolerate because both the nose and mouth would have a limited capacity to breathe. Once on CPAP you may find you have been placed on a Full face mask, adding to discomfort and usability.
The O₂Vent® airway channel has been incorporated into each device that enables unobstructed air to flow through the device to the back of the throat, bypassing common sites of obstruction such as the nose, tongue and soft palate.
OSA Meet O₂Vent® Optima
The Optima is our latest product in the O₂Vent® oral device range. It is 3D printed with a durable nylon, and each device is customised to fit each unique individual.
The O₂Vent® Optima is a comfortable and discreet alternative to CPAP for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnoea.
Unlike other oral devices the O₂Vent® Optima has two mechanisms of action that add stability to the airway:
- The mechanism of advancing the jaw forward encouraging a more open airway.
- The mechanism incorporates the Oventus Airway Technology.
Who will benefit from O₂Vent® Optima?
- Anyone who snores or suffers mild to moderate sleep apnoea.
- Anyone who suffers nasal obstruction or a blocked nose and reverts to mouth breathing during sleep.
- Anyone that cannot tolerate CPAP or for who do not respond well to standard oral or mandibular advancement devices. And those diagnosed with sleep apneoa seeking a small, non-obtrusive travel and lifestyle friendly treatment alternative.